Trade policy manager
Green Park, London | £45-55k per year plus benefits
We are looking for a highly articulate and numerate executive capable of representing the industry's interests in relation to policy, ranging from agricultural policy to trade, food safety and consumer issues.
You may have a background in agricultural economics or food technology, but a successful record in public affairs is a requirement, including the ability to construct a coherent case and communicate it persuasively to industry and government.
Oversee and manage the association's activities in relation to:
- Supply of wheat and raw materials
- Related technical affairs
- Relations with sectoral associations, governmental organisations and other interested parties on these issues
- Food legislation and regulatory affairs
- Preparation and distribution of advice to members along with committee papers on these issues
- Liaison with colleagues in relation to aspects of this work relating in particular to environment, employment affairs, training, communications and administration
- Analysis of developments in the areas of responsibility
- Identification of issues of concern to the flour milling industry
- Recommendation of appropriate courses of action
- Implementation of agreed policies and actions
- Communication of information and outcomes to members and stakeholders, as appropriate
Each of these activities may, to a greater or lesser extent, be shared with colleagues and members.
Like other staff at 21 Arlington Street, the postholder may be required at times to assist in areas outside his/her normal sphere of activity, depending on the available resources.
Please apply in writing enclosing a full CV to Recruitment, nabim, 21 Arlington Street, London, SW1A 1RN or email Recruitment@nabim.org.uk